This tour is conducted by Pukka Travels. Take the opportunity to go snowkiting in Northern Norway where you are always surrounded by epic scenery. This course is perfect for those who want to try out kiting and also those who have tried a little kiting before.
Take the opportunity to go snow kiting in Northern Norway where you are always surrounded by epic scenery! This course is perfect for those who want to try out kiting and also those who have tried a little kiting before.
You only need to bring your own Randonee Ski / Splitboard / Snow Shoes. This is also possible to rent in Tromsø. We supply all the kite equipment.
Most of the kite spots around Tromsø are located on flat mountains above the treeline, this means we have to hike to the kite spot. This requires some touring in the mountains & down hill skiing/snowboarding experience.
Included: Professional Instructor, Kite gear, snack & coffee
Not included: Transportation, ski gear & lunch
- Skis (touring skis) or Splitboard
- Warm clothes (we recommend whool)
- Thick downjacket (to put outside other clothes during breaks & theory)
- Jacket/Pants in gore-tex material (or similar, wind & waterproof).
- Buff/Facemask/balaklava to cover face & neck (not scarf since it can get stuck in things)
- Warm gloves/mittens (bring both if possible)
- Warm boots with high shaft suitable for deep snow
- Skiing helmet
- Backpack to bring extra items up the mountain
- Picnic Lunch
Number of participants: min 2 – max 6
Level of difficulty: Medium
Departure time and place Saturday: 09:00 Pukka Travels Basecamp | Kirkegate 1, 9008 Tromsø
Departure time and place Sunday: 10:00 Finlandsfjellet
Duration: snowkite course is 6-7 hours per day, course spans over two days