This tour is conducted by Tromsø Arctic Reindeer Experience. Walk among 300 reindeer before a 15-20 minute sleigh ride. Enter a candlelit gamme to enjoy a three-course meal followed by joik, Sami history and stories.
You also might be lucky and see the Northern Lights.
The itinerary would be:
- 6pm (18:00): Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø and 25 minutes drive to Reindeer Camp
- 6.30pm (18:30): Arrive at Camp and feeding of wild reindeer and walk around the camp followed by a reindeer sledding ride (approximately 15-20 minutes)
- 7.30pm (19:30) Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candlelit gamme (traditional Sami hut).
- A cold smoked salmon starter, followed by a bidos and Sami bread (a vegetarian option is also possible)
- Chocolate cake and blueberry dessert while listening to storytelling of Sami culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- Guests will have the opportunity to be outside and try to see the Northern Lights.
- Back to the city centre around 10.30pm (22:30)
Included: guide, transfer (approximately 25 minutes each way), reindeer sled-ride (ca. 15-20 minutes), hot drinks, three-course meal, joik, blankets
Please bring: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
Departure time and place: 6pm (18:00) from outside of Radisson Blu Hotel
Duration: 4,5 hours
Number of participants: 1-50
Level of difficulty: easy
We are always ready to help as much as we can with any restrictions or disabilities our guests might have to make sure all our guests can participate in all activities.