This tour is conducted by Northern Horizon. Adventure time: enjoy comfort and company on our minibus tour.
We will pick you up with our 17-seater minibus in front of Magic Ice Bar in Tromsø. Before the tour starts, your guide will analyse the weather conditions in order to predict the best spots for the northern lights show. During most of our tours, we are able to find the aurora on the coastal islands and occasionally the clear skies are waiting for us in Finland. Once we find the perfect spot, we will set up a bonfire and begin to capture the spectacle on camera as you socialise with the group or take a step away to enjoy the show on your own. Relax whilst sipping hot drinks, warming up with a hearty meal and enjoying delicious cookies. Don’t worry about being cold! We have thermal suits and boots waiting for you in the van. Nevertheless, do remember to dress properly (check FAQ). Our guide will take pictures during the tour and will make sure that you have your perfect photo with the aurora. If you decide to bring your own camera, we have tripods available and will take the time to help you with the camera set-up. Pictures taken during the tour will be sent to you the next day. The duration of the tour can vary from 6-9 hours, depending on the weather conditions. After the tour, we will drop you at your hotel in the city center.
IMPORTANT: Please take your passport
● Knowledgeable and passionate guide.
● Thermal suits, boots and tripods.
● Cookies and hot beverages.
● Traditional Norwegian meal: Sausages with lompe (vegetarian options available).
● Instructions on how to photograph Northern Lights.
● Pictures from the tour sent on the next day.
Please bring: your passport in case we cross the border to Finland, warm inner layers, hat and mittens
Departure time and place:
15. September - 15. March: 6:00pm (18:00) from outside of Magic Ice bar
16. March - 15. April: 7:00pm (19:00) from outside of Magic Ice bar
Duration: 6-9 hours
Number of participants: 4-15
Level of difficulty: easy