This tour is conducted by Tromsø Arctic Reindeer Experience. Join Sami guides for an unforgettable reindeer experience. After a 25-minute drive from the city centre, you will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the herd of around 300 reindeer.
You will then gather inside the lavuu (Sami tent) for a hot traditional Sami meal and listen to stories about Sami culture around the camp fire. The guide will also perform a joik (traditional Sami song) for the guests.
The itinerary will be:
- Pick-up from Tromsø City Centre at 10am (10:00) or 1pm (13:00) and 25min drive to our base
- Feeding the reindeer
- Lasso-throwing (but not on real reindeer)
- Coffee and hot meal inside a warm Lavuu (traditional Sami tent)
- Storytelling of Sami Culture
- Joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city-centre
Included: Guide, transfer (25 minutes each way), hot drinks, hot meal
Duration: 4 hours
Number of participants: 2-50
Level of difficulty: Easy
Departure time and place: 10am (10:00) or 1pm (13:00) at Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø
NOTE! Check your booking confirmation for correct departure time