This tour is conducted by Wandering Owl. Discover the peacefulness of the untouched wilderness.
Listen to the sound of the snow crackling under your snowshoes. This easy snowshoeing hike brings you to a scenic location to enjoy the Arctic winter. After a short introduction into snowshoeing, the guide will lead you safely, together with a small group, into the white, snowy landscape. During the hike your guide will find the best place to enjoy a home-made meal and hot drinks. You will go home with memories of an outdoor adventure and our best pictures of you and the stunning sceneries.
Wilderness is just around the corner!
Featured in National Geographic Traveller Luxury Collection (2017).
Included: guide, transportation, snowshoes and poles, thermal suits and winter boots (on request), a backpack, home-made food (Ham & Cheese or vegan Hummus sandwich), cookies, water and hot drinks, pictures of the tour in web sized resolution sent by email and drop-off in the city centre.
Duration: 4-5 hours
Number of participants: 2-8
Level of difficulty: Moderate (moderate level of fitness and health is required)
Departure time and place: 10:00 am in front of Scandic Ishavshotel
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
We would like all our guests to be informed that the following recommendations have been made to our guides and drivers by Wandering Owl management:
1. If a guest has been in or transited through China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Northern Italy or any other region with Corona virus outbreak during the last two weeks at the time of the tour that we will not be accepting the guest on the tour.
2. As people can be carriers of the virus without symptoms and are also contagious, will can not accept them on tour if they have been in any region with a serious outbreak or in an exclusion zone in the last two weeks.
3. If a guest displays symptoms of the virus on tour the guide will ask questions and action will be taken if deemed necessary.
4. We have asked our guides to refrain from making any physical contact with guests, including hand shakes. No offense is intended, the virus can be shared through contact and people can be carriers without realising.
5. We are encouraging our guides to use hand sanitiser throughout the tour.
6. In order to protect our guides and drivers (Tourism workers are high risk to be exposed) and other guests, we may have to cancel guests from tours if we deem it necessary.